The HDRI Handbook 2.0: High Dynamic Range Imaging for Photographers and CG Artists
HDRI 手册 2.0 是关于高动态范围图像（HDRI）最全面的指南。
HDR 成像将摄影提升到一个全新的水平，它通过捕捉最暗阴影到最亮高光之间所有的信息，为后期数字化处理开启了前所未有的自由空间。它是一个质的飞跃，其革命性意义如同从黑白成像到彩色成像一样。HDRI 意味着真正无损的图像编辑，完整的曝光控制，把握任何场景的对比度而无需人工照明，保留场景中所有的灯光信息 — 将来任何时候都可以数字化回访。结合全景摄影，这种捕获的灯光信息可以被用来渲染 3D 物体，以获得乱真的效果。
2007年，HDRI 手册 第一版将这一革命性的新兴领域介绍给广大观众，如今 HDRI 已成为每个人都可以使用的成熟技术，房产和风光摄影师已将其作为常规工作流程的一部分，它也是业余爱好者及创意专业人士追逐的热点之一，现代电影工业如果没有 HDRI 将完全无法运作。
现在 HDRI 手册2.0 再次定义了自己的黄金标准，它被完全重写，书中包含了实用的提示和技巧、背景知识、参考工具、惊艳的艺术家作品以及让人受到启发的访谈。大量一步一步操作的教程及 DVD 上提供的素材，使得读者很容易学习。初学者会得到一个条理、坚实的介绍，而高级用户则能让他们的技术趋于完美。
HDR imaging takes photography to a whole new level. It opens the door to unprecedented creative freedom in digital post-processing by capturing everything from the darkest shadows to the brightest highlights. It represents a quantum leap in imaging technology, as revolutionary as the leap from black-and-white to color imaging. HDRI means truly lossless image editing, full exposure control, mastering any scene contrast without artificial lighting, and preserving all light from a scene so it can be digitally revisited anytime in the future. Combined with panoramic photography, this captured light can even be used to render 3D objects with a deceivingly realistic appearance.
In 2007, The HDRI Handbook was the first book to present this revolutionary new field to a larger audience. These days HDRI is a fully mature technology available to everyone. Real estate and landscape photographers have adopted it as part of their regular workflow, it has become one of the hottest trends for ambitious amateurs and creative professionals alike, and the modern movie industry would be completely dysfunctional without HDRI.
Now The HDRI Handbook 2.0 redefines its own gold standard. It has been completely rewritten and is packed with practical hints and tips, background knowledge, reference tools, breathtaking artist portfolios, and inspiring interviews. Dozens of new step-by-step tutorials are included, which are easy to follow with the material provided on the DVD. Beginners will get a methodically solid introduction and advanced readers will be able to refine their technique to perfection.
– Understanding the foundation of HDRI
– HDR software comparisons and evaluations
– Capturing HDR images: today and tomorrow
– Tonemapping for creating superior prints
– HDR image processing and compositing
– Image editing on a new level in 32-bit mode
– Shooting and stitching HDR panoramas
– Image-based lighting and CG rendering
– Creative uses and unconventional applications
2.0 updates include:
– Dozens of easy–to–follow, practical tutorials
– New cameras, sensors, and HDR beamsplitter rigs
– Correct RAW pre-processing and ghost removal
– Structured approach to tonemapping,
– inspired by Ansel Adams’s Zone system
– Creative toning in a variety of styles,
– from natural to grunge to painterly
– Movie set etiquette and helpful tips for capturing HDR panoramas for visual effects
– Seven artist spotlights with new perspectives on HDR
– Seven crossword puzzles as fun way to test yourself
– Companion DVD, fully loaded with goodies
注：第一版的 HDRI Handbook 已经译成中文版，由人民邮电出版社出版。
Trackback from your site.